Welcome to Crystals Childcare and Preschool, where we provide a warm, nurturing environment for children ages 18 months to 12 years old. We understand that choosing childcare is one of the most important decisions a parent makes, which is why we aim to support the whole family. Our comprehensive programs and skilled teachers ensure each child receives individualized care tailored to their unique needs and natural curiosity.
In this blog, we’ll provide an in-depth look at how we expertly serve children at each stage of development – from busy toddlers to inquisitive preteens. Discover how our secure facilities, research-based curriculum, and focus on social-emotional growth readies students for school success and beyond.
Cultivating Self-Assurance in Toddlers (Ages 18 Months – 3 Years)
The toddler years mark an exciting time of exploration, discovery and growing independence. With newfound mobility and autonomy, toddlers actively test boundaries and seek opportunities to assert themselves. We create a safe space that allows such experimentation, while gently reinforcing compassionate behavior.
Our toddler program focuses on:
– Fostering positive self-image through encouragement and praise
– Developing autonomy through choices in activities, meals, etc.
– Promoting language and social skills through song, dance and play
– Building confidence through accomplishments with arts, movement and construction
We utilize scaffolded learning opportunities to incrementally expand capacities without overwhelming toddlers’ emerging abilities. As they cooperatively play, create art together or help clean up toys, toddlers gain confidence in relating with peers and caring for their environment. With an emphasis on active engagement rather than rigid lessons, our toddlers organically strengthen developmental domains essential for future success.
Nurturing Curiosity in Preschoolers (Ages 3 – 5 Years)
The preschool years represent a time of rapid cognitive, emotional and physical change. As their world expands beyond home, preschoolers benefit from opportunities to channel innate curiosity and gain new skills through purposeful play.
Our preschool program is thoughtfully designed to:
– Harness love of learning through exploration stations and mediated activities – Refine social awareness and empathy through cooperative games and discussions – Bolster linguistic abilities via show-and-tell, dramatic play and read alouds – Develop early literacy and math understanding through manipulatives, arts and more – Practice critical thinking and problem solving through guided inquiries
While preschoolers expand their capabilities, we ensure programming remains developmentally suitable and pressure-free. Structured and child-led activities alternate to stretch emerging abilities while respecting shorter attention spans. As preschoolers create structures with blocks, retell stories, or investigate scientific phenomena, they gain confidence, self-direction, and other foundational skills necessary for kindergarten readiness.
Cultivating Community in Grade Schoolers (Ages 6 – 10 Years)
The elementary school years represent a time of significant social and emotional development alongside continued academic growth. Children gain a greater capacity for self-regulation, form deeper peer connections, and require increased autonomy.
Our grade school program is designed to help students:
– Strengthen personal responsibility through leadership opportunities
– Foster social awareness and conflict resolution abilities via group discussions – Expand world knowledge through high-interest, hands-on STEAM projects – Promote creativity and self-expression through choice of activities
– Facilitate academic growth through personalized homework assistance
While providing homework help, we encourage students to approach challenges proactively. As students collaborate on projects, negotiate roles in games, or have respectful debates, they learn to navigate peer dynamics constructively. By participating in engaging programming based on their unique needs and interests, students feel valued while developing essential life skills.
Empowering Preteens (Ages 11+ Years)
On the cusp of adolescence, preteens undergo significant physical, social and emotional change. As their spheres expand to include peer networks, role models and social media influencers, preteens seek independence while still requiring support and reassurance.
Our preteen program assists students in:
– Navigating increased autonomy by promoting reflective decision-making – Forming leadership and collaborative abilities through service initiatives – Expanding planning and organizational skills required for middle school success
– Exploring identity by sharing opinions, and talents and stretching comfort zones – Cultivating self-awareness and confidence through open dialogue
Via book club discussions, art explorations, and team-building physical activities, preteens wrestle with complex topics and gain the courage expressing individuality. Our staff provides guidance when preteens feel overwhelmed by new challenges or emotions. Most importantly, we create a judge-free place for preteens to be themselves as they gain skills required to flourish.
Customized Support for Each Child & Family
While the above outlines programming tailored to each age group, we further personalize care to align with every child’s unique developmental needs and interests. Through getting to know each child and family, we craft customized plans fostering growth while respecting individual differences and parenting philosophies.
We also host family nights, holiday celebrations and community service days to strengthen connections between families, children and our caring staff. From toddlers to preteens, at Crystals Childcare and Preschool, your child receives dedicated support at every developmental stage while parents have peace of mind during work and beyond.